Birding in Brazil, South America
With exuberant tropical forests, Brazil offers exceptional conditions for birdwatchers and ornithologists. Brazil is home to about 1,677 bird species, almost 18% of the world’s bird population.
The National parks are excellent places for birdwatching, being protected areas with facilities for visitors. Specialist guides are available to guide bird tours.
In the North of Brazil there is the Amazon, globally known for its biodiversity, sheltering already endangered species such as the King Vulture and the Royal Hawk, in addition to Macaws, Parrots, Paraqueets, Mutuns, Jacupembas, Maguaris, Colheiros and many others.
A round-up of bird spots in Brazil, state-by-state:
In the Northeast, the State of Bahia offers exceptional destinations such as the Abrolhos National Marine Park, known for its abundance of marine birds including Benedicts, Brown Atobás, Grazinas, Frigate Birds and Pilots; and migrating birds such as the Stone Turner, which uses it as a stop-over for feeding.
State of Piauí
In the Serra da Capivara National Park, in the State of Piauí, occurs a daily national phenomenon: everyday, in late afternoon, an enormous number of Swallows come down from the buy now online levitra'>buy now online levitra “Baixão das Andorinhas”, making noise and aerial manoeuvers, and then enter a cave where they stay until dawn.
State of Maranhão
In addition, in the Northeast of the Country, in the State of Maranhão, there is the National Park of Lençõis Maranhenses, where some migratory birds stop to rest from their long trip, such as the Sandpiper, the trinta-réis-boreal, and the blue-wing-marreca – from the United States.
In the heart of Brazil, the Mid-West also offers good opportunities for birdwatchers. Among them, the National Park of Pantanal Matogrossense, which holds species such as the Tuiuiú, Hawk and Socó, in addition to large collective nests filled with Egrets, Guarás, Dry-heads and canada viagra colhereiros.
The National Park of Emas, in the State of Goiás, with a large quantity of Emus, Owls, Seriemus, Quails, Partridges, Curicacas, Caninde Macaws and Toucans.
Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park, in the same State, it is possible to find most of www.opportunitysutton.org the species seen at National Park of Emas, in addition Hawks, Curl-crested Jay and the King Vulture, an endangered species.
State of Rio Grande do Sul
Offers the National Park of Aparados da Serra, with Azure Jay, Purple-chested Parrots , inhambus-guaçus, jacus, many species of hummingbird and green-beak tucans; The Lagoa do Peixe park, which presents 180 already identified species, among resident and migratory, and where it is possible to see Flamingos, maçaricos, batuíras, Common Tern, Piru-piru, Egrets, Seagulls, Rufous Hornero, , saracuras and owls; and that of Serra Geral, home to endangered species such as the Grey Hawk, the purple-chest parrot, in addition to curicacas, gralhas-azuis and quero-queros.
State of Paraná
In the State of Paraná, in the famous National Park of Foz do Iguaçu, beauty and http://www.hexicamaerials.com/buy-real-cialis-online variety are guaranteed from beginning to wow it's great discount cialis end with jandaias, guaxo, yellow-belly-surucuá, green-beak toucan, flautim, saíra-sete-cores, big-dove-hawk, and endangered species such as the monkey-hunter-hawk, red-chest falcon and jacutinga, among others.
State of Minas Gerais
In the Southeast Region it is worth visiting Serra da Canastra where Seriemus, Earth Canaries, Rheas, Partridges, Codornas, Toucans, Kingfishers, Divers and Egrets stroll close to the waterways.
State of Rio de Janeiro
In the State of Rio de Janeiro, the most recommended spots for birdwatching are Serra dos Órgãos, abundant in species such as Saíras, Hummingbirds, Purple-chested Parrots, Bicudo and Jacutinga – the last three endangered species and The National Park of Tijuca, with Toucans, Araçaris, Saracuras, Arapongas, Hawks, Green Paraqueets, Saíras, Juritis and Hummingbirds.
The National Park of Tatiaia, which is home to a large variety of hummingbird species, in addition to the Green-beak Toucan, Saíras and Guachos.
List of National Parks in Brazil
- Abrolhos Marine National Park
- Amazônia National Park
- Aparados da Serra National Park
- Araguaia National Park
- Araucárias National Park
- Brasília National Park
- Cabo Orange National Park
- Campos Gerais National Park
- Caparaó National Park
- Cavernas do Peruaçu Nacional Park
- Chapada das Mesas National Park
- Chapada Diamantina National Park
- Chapada dos Guimarães National Park
- Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park
- Emas National Park
- Fernado de rx viagra Noronha Marine National Park
- Grande Sertão Veredas National Park
- Iguaçu National Park
- Ilha Grande National Park
- Itatiaia National Park
- Jaú National Park
- Jericoacoara Nacional Park
- Lagoa do Peixe National Park
- Lençóis Maranhenses National Park
- Monte Pascoal National Park
- Monte Roraima National Park
- Nascentes do Rio Parnaíba National Park
- Pacaás Novos National Park
- Pantanal Matogrossense National Park
- Pau Brasil Nacional Park
- Pedra Azul Nacional Park
- Pico da Neblina National Park
- Pontões Capixabas Nacional Park
- Saint-Hilaire/Lange Nacional Park
- São Joaquim National Park
- Sempre Vivas Nacional Park
- Serra da Bocaina National Park
- Serra da Bodoquena National Park
- Serra da Canastra National Park
- Serra da Capivara National Park
- Serra da Cutia Nacional Park
- Serra da Mocidade Nacional Park
- Serra de Itabaiana National Park
- Serra do order cialis'>order cialis Cipó National Park
- Serra do Divisor National Park
- Serra do Itajaí Nacional Park
- Serra do Pardo Nacional Park
- Serra dos Órgãos National Park
- Serra Geral National Park
- Sete Cidades National Park
- Superagüi National Park
- Tijuca National Park
- Tumucumaque National Park
- Ubajara National Park
- Vale do Catimbau National Park
- Viruá Nacional Park
- Xingu National Park